Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Working for ???

" Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23

This is something that I have read so many times and have even quoted to other people yet something that, I too, often lose sight of in my daily life. I remember a couple months ago nannying and really hating my job. I kept thinking it really doesn't matter what attitude I have because its just a job not like a "real" job or "career". I was so wrong. My mother definitely saw my bad attitude and one day explained that I was missing IT. No matter what kind of job, what it may entail, how much I get paid, job or career...I was wrong. I should be working as if I was working for God. Oh, how I did indeed miss IT. I had failed in that aspect. Even as a Christian, I always strive to show the love, compassion, and the Lord's light in all that I say and do yet I failed to do that with my job as well.

It was only once that I truly grasped that concept that I really saw a change. I changed. My job began to change. I started to really excel in being a nanny and started to find something that I loved about my job each day. I began to enjoy my life for the season that the Lord had me in instead of wanting more, more, more or looking for the something else's in life. If I am always looking for more when will I truly be satisfied; when will it be enough?? I made a decision- I didn't want to be that girl. I was an ungrateful brat.

I discovered that what I wanted was to be happy and content with all the blessings that God had given me. He is more than enough for me. The Lord sustained me through a difficult time, allowed me a couple months off to get situated with my new internship and then once again was faithful.

I now have a job working at a tea shop, Teavana, with is perfect for me and my love for tea. It is something that I also am very good at. It is perfect for me, as a person, my schedule, and my co-workers are truly amazing as well. The career too will come but I am content for the current season that God has me in. I am learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment